Newcastle Science Central Management LLP
Newcastle Civic Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
T: +44 (0) 191 277 7849
Get travel directions
- By Foot
- The Core is a 2 minute walk from St. James’ Park football stadium and St James metro station, and a 10-15 minute walk from Newcastle Central Station. From the main Central Station entrance, cross the road onto Grainger Street, opposite, and turn first left on to Westgate Road. Bath Lane is the third turning on your right hand side. Follow Bath Lane up the side of the city’s historic West Wall. After 200 yards, you’ll come to a dual carriageway, St. James’ Boulevard. The Core is on the other side of the road.
- By Bus
- You can get buses 36, 36B, 71, 87 or 88 from Berwick Street (across the road from Central Station), up to St James’ Park. Other buses that stop at St. James’ Park include the 12, 39, 40, 62, 685, X82, X84, X85. The two main bus stations for Newcastle (Haymarket and Eldon Square bus stations) are on Percy Street, a 5-10 minute walk from The Core. From here. follow signs to St. James’ Park, a two minute walk from The Core.
- By Road
- Newcastle is easily accessible by road via the A1 from the north and south and the A69 from the west. The closest public car parks to our offices is located at St James' or Grainger Town Multi-Storey car park (numbers 16 and 33 respectively in the attached map - click here to download the PDF).
There is limited visitor car parking on site. Make sure a space is reserved if you have mobility issues.
If you’re travelling to our car park using a route planner or sat-nav, the postcode is NE4 5QD.
- By Train
- Newcastle Central Station is situated on the east coast main line linking England and Scotland. It is directly accessible from London King’s Cross, Glasgow and Edinburgh. The journey from London King’s Cross takes between 2.5 to 3 hours. The walk from the station to our offices is approximately 10-15 minutes. Taxis are available immediately outside Newcastle Central Station.
- By Air
- Newcastle International Airport is seven miles north west of The Core. It is the region’s largest airport, handling over four million passengers a year. The airport receives flights from over 80 destinations worldwide, which includes a long-haul scheduled service to Dubai from Newcastle.
Official airport taxis pick-up and drop-off directly in front of the terminal. You can book a taxi inside the airport. Other taxis, if ordered, pick you up or drop you off across the road from the terminal. A taxi into the city centre should take about 15 minutes. There is also a Metro station in the airport. The journey to St. James or Haymarket Metro stations will take about 25 minutes. Buses also run to Newcastle Haymarket from the airport entrance.